Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Burying Foursquare in a Folder

I updated my iPhone today. As I was looking at the first page of apps, I noticed an unusual icon that didn't look familiar. I realized that it was the new Foursquare app icon, sort of a weird, red F that reminded me of Fandango -- what I thought it was when I first looked at it.

Needless to say, it's been a couple of weeks since I've actually opened the Foursquare app and seeing the new icon was a reminder -- this icon is not something that I use. While the old Foursqure icon used to serve as a memorial, a tribute to my former check-in life, the new icon held no sentimental attachment. It actually annoyed me with it's presence there. So I decided to move the app to one of the "shit I rarely use" folders.

There are probably others that I should bury in folders too, but I don't find looking at them to be quite as annoying -- that probably speaks to the level of sentiment about killing a feature that I used frequently versus simply not offering functionality that I use very often.


No comments: