Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Ups and Downs of Search Engine Marketing to Me on Google

Once upon a time, if you searched 'Marketingtome' or 'Marketing to me', this blog was your top result on Google. I say once upon a time, because I did that search about a month or so ago and the results held true. While I was helping to set up the Silicon Valley Fashionista blog, we were talking about search and the Fashionista pointed out that Marketing to Me was unfashionably gone from the top results of a Google search.

Gone Like Wii at Christmas
Sure enough, a couple of quick searches proved just how difficult it's become to find this blog (and other Blogspot results for that matter). When you deal with Search Engine Marketing, this kind of frustration isn't uncommon, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

If you've just started seeing some strange results, let me know if you have any insights. If you're doing optimization, two words... Good Luck. And if you're at Google, feel free to include your insight into why 'Marketingtom' and 'Marketingme' outperform Marketing to Me with my request for an interview. Hell, I'd settle for a Google Its It and my blog showing up in the search results, but you don't get through any doors without trying.

1 comment:

Vomail said...

I am so glad to know about the ups and downs of search engine marketing to you on Google. It was one of the best case studies I have ever read because even I am struggling to get high position in organic search results Google. Was recently thinking to hire the best seo consultant Los Angeles team.