Monday, December 1, 2008

Another Management Strategy Post

This is a great post that I came across on TechCrunch this morning. The post is titled The First-Time CEO's Recession Survival Guide by Glenn Kelman. Glenn is the CEO of Redfin, an online real estate start-up. One of my favorite suggestions is his second point, "Act Like an Owner." Here's part of the way that he explains the idea:
You’ve probably spent most of your life hating your boss, pleasing others (so you can blame them later) and spending other people’s money. These are hard habits to break. When I was still settling into being a CEO, I wasted a lot of time driving initiatives designed to please others, acting as if someone wouldn’t let me do what I wanted to do with Redfin.
Which brings me to my question on this -- as a marketer and a creative pro, are you "pre-adjusting" or pre-filtering your ideas?

No comments: