Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The New Critics - Blogs, SEO, and What Your Adwords Tell You About What You Write

I've been busy lately. Lots of stuff going on. Currently, I'm traveling and I'm on the east coast, so that adds an extra level of complication to getting things done.

Anyway, as part of my standard due diligence on the web/blog, I was looking at what my blog looks like from the visitor perspective.

If you want a quick measure on what you're writing, take a look at the adwords that pop-up on your blog page. For those of you that aren't familiar with how all of this works, the adwords that pop-up are scanned and analyzed by Google. What you are seeing on your page is what Google thinks is most relevant based on what it reads from your site.

Do you like what you see?

Sadly, when I looked earlier this evening, my Google Adwords are packed with get rich quick ads... perhaps my writing isn't delivering the message that I was hoping for. So here's a question for you -- is Google's algorithm a critic on your writing?

Updated: for spelling, grammar, and traveling exhaustion

No comments: