Sunday, June 1, 2008

Prelude to a post - Marketing vs IS

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a common thread across a number of businesses -- their internal organizations are in conflict, with marketing and IS going head-to-head. Don't get me wrong, I've been battling with the IS group since that first day when I said that I needed a Mac... but this goes beyond that.

Since the introduction of the web site and it's associated server, we marketers crossed the line -- and the feud is on. We're in their space now, and they hate Macs, and they're pissed about that web site/web server thing, and worst of all -- they know we don't get it.

Anyway, this is just a teaser. I've been mashing through some thoughts because I don't think that it's just me. I think that this disconnect between marketing and IS is just going to get worse as the Internet and network technology plays an increasing role in the marketing mix.

No comments: