Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bit off More that I Could Chew

This morning I was back working on this blog post on Down From Above versus Up From Below that I've been working on for about two weeks. I realized that what I was trying to characterize and the way that I was trying to approach it is too broad to be rolled into a brief blog post. Now I'm thinking short downloadable e-book or something like that.

With my blog-posting frequency, you might expect that this means the project has been shelved, but I don't think so -- the whole thing has been actively churning in my head for a couple of weeks. That being said, here is the business school Reader's Digest Cliff Notes version. Call it a bullet-point outline of some of the premises.

  • Down From Above versus Up From Below is a thematic tool that can be used to describe the authority by which we make choices.
  • Down From Above revolutions happen when Above is not in tune with a broad base of Up From Below.
  • Effective marketing attempts to understand the internal drivers that comprise Up From Below
  • Modern Down From Above attempts to use the illusion of Up From Below to sell Down From Above.
  • Up From Below revolutions gain energy when Below learns that their decision architecture is being manipulated or that the Architecture of Above is based on lies, deception, or misrepresentation.
  • Individuals are very passionate about Up From Below
So there you have it. Now I can move on to other things. I'll also keep you updated on how this project is progressing.

No comments: